Evie from Bookish is hosting a challenge here to read books released in 2012 and earlier. The idea is to read some of the books thats been lying around in your to-read pile for a long time, and maybe give them the airing they deserve.
I am going to aim for 11-20 (A friendly hug) books released this year. I think this is doable, and I can always read more if I get round to it. But I know how tempting it is to read new books! The books I would like to read in 2013 are:
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Dodger by Terry Pratchett
- Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner
- The Terrible Thing that Happened to Barnary Brocket by John Boyne
- City of Shadows by Alex Scarrow
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- Heart-shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Intrusion by Ken MacLeod
- Itch by Simon Mayo
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- This is not Forgiveness by Celia Rees
- Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
- One Born Every Minute by Maria Dore
- An Act of Love by Alan Gibbons
- Virals by Kathy Reichs
- When I was Joe by Keren David
- Della Says OMG by Keris Stainton
- The Enemy by Charlie Higson
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
I’ve sort of cheated in that I have picked 20 books that I know or am pretty sure I can get from the library. This way I have no excuse, as I can get my hands on them! Some of them I have sitting around the house, and some are just ones I really need to get around to reading, especially the start of series like Charlie Higson, Patrick Ness and Kathy Reichs.
It is so easy to miss great books, and I think it is always good to try something outside your comfort zone. I really look forward to this challenge, and will keep you posted how it goes!